[Geany] Modifying the document browser's behavior

Joerg Desch jd.vvd at xxxxx
Wed Feb 27 13:43:45 UTC 2008

On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 13:28:44 +0000
Nick Treleaven <nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:

> Probably using the project path would be easier. But Geany allows files
> from outside the project open,

That's one of the reasons why I've written that Geany has "no real"
project support. That's a point that should be discussed too.

> > Another way is the manual grouping. A colleague of mine always uses
> > this approach. He create a group and adds some file to it. There is
> > no path visible, only the group as node. He uses Mr.Ed as editor (on
> > Windows).
>
> Personally I don't like this, you'd have to do it at every startup
> unless the groups were remembered, and a useful auto-group would still
> be useful anyway.

I agree. I work with my files structured by directories too.
Nevertheless, it could be a solution. ;-)

One question: stripping the path means, that all entries of the list will
display its path?

  src/main.c
  src/foo.h
  src/bar.c
  lib/xy.c
  lib/abc.c
  doc/README
  doc/LICENSE
  doc/manual.txt

If so, I would prefer the directories as node of an tree.

[-] src/
  main.c
  foo.h
  bar.c
[-] lib/
  xy.c
  abc.c
[-] doc/
  README
  LICENSE
  manual.txt
[+] folded/

Email: Joerg Desch <jd DOT vvd AT web DOT de>