[Geany] Problem compiling Geany

Pierre Joye pierre.php at xxxxx
Fri Feb 22 20:04:18 UTC 2008

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 8:45 PM, Dominic Hopf <dmaphy_damastasif at gmx.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 14:51:40 +0100, Pierre Joye <pierre.php at gmail.com>
>  wrote:
>

>  > Hi Kilo,
>  >
>  > On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 2:32 PM, kilo <kg_kilo at freemail.hu> wrote:
>  >
>  >>  tried both methods but no success, same error messages.
>  >>
>  >>  I may have been too obscure, the last version I've successfully built
>  >>  was r1939, in October.
>  >>  However I can compile latest versions on my home PCs, using Ubuntu
>  >> Gutsy.
>  >>
>  >>  Any further hints? Or fall back to using released version?
>  >
>  > Can you try using a fresh checkout?
>
>  It does make sense to checkout the sources into a separate directory
>  than you are compiling from. SVN has a command export to make a clean
>  copy of the sources (without .svn-dirs and so on).
>
>  For example something like this:
>
>  mkdir ~/projects/
>  cd projects
>  svn checkout https://geany.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/geany/trunk geany
>  svn export geany geany-0.14svn # do this everytime you make a new compile,
>  delete the old geany-0.14svn before
>  cd geany-0.14svn
>  # here youre compile commands

You can build outside the src tree, only the auto* crap has to be in
the original directory. But then you can do:

cd geany_bld
/path/to/geany_src/configure ...
make

I did it not try it with geany, it is possible to have some issues in
the various AC macros (relative paths used instead of having top
directory, etc.).

Did I mention that I love CMake? (Which supports that by default and
is crossplatform :-)

Pierre
http://blog.thepimp.net | http://www.libgd.org