[Geany] Problem compiling Geany

Dominic Hopf dmaphy_damastasif at xxxxx
Fri Feb 22 19:45:39 UTC 2008

On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 14:51:40 +0100, Pierre Joye <pierre.php at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Kilo,
>
> On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 2:32 PM, kilo <kg_kilo at freemail.hu> wrote:
>
>>  tried both methods but no success, same error messages.
>>
>>  I may have been too obscure, the last version I've successfully built
>>  was r1939, in October.
>>  However I can compile latest versions on my home PCs, using Ubuntu
>> Gutsy.
>>
>>  Any further hints? Or fall back to using released version?
>
> Can you try using a fresh checkout?

It does make sense to checkout the sources into a separate directory
than you are compiling from. SVN has a command export to make a clean
copy of the sources (without .svn-dirs and so on).

For example something like this:

mkdir ~/projects/
cd projects
svn checkout https://geany.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/geany/trunk geany
svn export geany geany-0.14svn # do this everytime you make a new compile,
delete the old geany-0.14svn before
cd geany-0.14svn
# here youre compile commands

I'm building RPM-Packages on my own on my Fedora 8 System and this works
perfect with every revision
 from SVN :)