[Geany] How to change colors?

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Thu Feb 21 15:56:21 UTC 2008

On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 20:09:15 +0100, "Milan Babuskov"
<milan.babuskov at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 7:58 PM, Milan Babuskov
> <milan.babuskov at gmail.com> wrote:
> >  >   http://www.milliwatt-software.com/jmg/notes/geany.html
> >
> >  "auto_complete_whilst_editing"
> >
> >  Mmmmm, as a long time SciTE and Scintilla user, I was looking for
> >  that.
>
> Or maybe not. It doesn't seem to work.
It does, but in another way than you expect.

> Any clues about what 'auto_complete_whilst_editing' should do?
Unfortunately, it has a misleading name. Some time ago we changed the
name of code auto completion to the better and more generic name
"snippet completion". But this option wasn't renamed (I forgot it).
So, this option is related to the snippet completion (TAB by default).
By default, when you type "if" in a C file and pres TAB it will
complete the if with some braces and brackets. But only if the rest of
the line is empty. If after the "if" any other characters follow, the
snippet completion will refuse to work. This is to prevent unintended
completion madness when you just hit TAB by accident or to indent
within a line.
With auto_complete_whilst_editing you can enforce the snippet
completion even if behind the "if" (or whatever text you typed) are any
other characters. This is disabled by default and hidden because it
isn't very common to activate, probably.

I've renamed this option in current SVN version. Sorry for the
confusion.

> Additionally, is there any way to get autocompletion for all strings
> present in the current file (the way SciTE does it)?
You mean for _all_ strings?
This has been already requested some time ago and we rejected it. IMO
it doesn't make much sense. I won't work on this, maybe someone wants
to write a patch.