[Geany] calltips for python?

Tim Michelsen timmichelsen at xxxxx
Tue Feb 19 19:37:55 UTC 2008

>> I have one question though:
>> Does Geany support or will it support calltips for the following languages:
>> * python like for instance in Editra:
>> http://editra.org/images/preview/Windows/editra_pycomp.png
> On the screenshot there are not calltips shown but usual symbol
> autocompletion. This is basically possible with Geany,
another screen shot from PyDev:
http://pydev.sourceforge.net/images/codecompletion/codecompletionattr1.png

For instance Stanis IDE recognises imported modules in python and then
provides the namespace as calltip.
from easygui import easygui
easygui.{msgbox}
	{choicebox}

If I am looking for a feature already implemented then please give me a
pointer to it. But again, it will not be possible to create a methods
file for every python module in the world...
> you just need a
> file with known symbols(methods) of some common python classes.
How does one create such a file?

> As you probably might have experienced, Geany already suggests you
> known methods in the current file while typing.
> Calltips are even more than this. Calltips mean the whole
> method/function signature, i.e. the return value and the arguments.

>> * CSS
> Mainly the same as for Python: it's basically possible but one has to
> create a list with known common symbols.
again, see above.
I expect to have something like:
background-color:{color}
width{px,|em,etc.}