[Geany] calltips for python?

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Mon Feb 18 18:55:11 UTC 2008

On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 14:22:01 +0000 (UTC), Tim Michelsen
<timmichelsen at gmx-topmail.de> wrote:

Hi,

> I first would like to say that I am a happy user of Geany: it's not to heavy

> I have one question though:
> Does Geany support or will it support calltips for the following languages:
> * python like for instance in Editra:
> http://editra.org/images/preview/Windows/editra_pycomp.png
On the screenshot there are not calltips shown but usual symbol
autocompletion. This is basically possible with Geany, you just need a
file with known symbols(methods) of some common python classes.
As you probably might have experienced, Geany already suggests you
known methods in the current file while typing.
Calltips are even more than this. Calltips mean the whole
method/function signature, i.e. the return value and the arguments.

> * xhtml
For HTML, we have entity auto completion, e.g.  .
What else could/should be auto completed?

> * CSS
Mainly the same as for Python: it's basically possible but one has to
create a list with known common symbols.