[Geany] Problems with symbol browser

Milan Babuskov milan.babuskov at xxxxx
Mon Feb 18 08:23:45 UTC 2008

On Feb 17, 2008 6:55 PM, Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
> > I'm doing a lot of development in wxWidgets (C++). To fix warnings to
> > unused variables for different compilers, wxWidgets use the WXUNUSED
> > macro. This is usually used in event handlers (and since it's GUI
> > programming, there are a lot of them). Functions look like this:
> >
> > void ExecuteSqlFrame::OnSqlEditUpdateUI(wxStyledTextEvent& WXUNUSED(event))
> > void ExecuteSqlFrame::OnSqlEditCharAdded(wxStyledTextEvent& WXUNUSED(event))
> > void ExecuteSqlFrame::OnMenuOpen(wxCommandEvent& WXUNUSED(event))

ctags developers closed the bug report (as invalid) as there is a
workaround to use -I switch. So, in this case, ctags should be invoked
with:

ctags -IWXUNUSED

I'm not sure it's a smart idea to put that directly in the code, so
maybe it would be good to add something like 'Additional ctags
options' setting in Preferences -> Tools. It would be a simple text
field where Geany users could put -IWXUNUSED or whatever other switch
they need.

What do you think?

Thanks,

--