[Geany] Problems with symbol browser

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Mon Feb 18 19:53:07 UTC 2008

On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 09:23:45 +0100, "Milan Babuskov"
<milan.babuskov at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Feb 17, 2008 6:55 PM, Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
> > > I'm doing a lot of development in wxWidgets (C++). To fix warnings to
> > > unused variables for different compilers, wxWidgets use the WXUNUSED
> > > macro. This is usually used in event handlers (and since it's GUI
> > > programming, there are a lot of them). Functions look like this:
> > >
> > > void ExecuteSqlFrame::OnSqlEditUpdateUI(wxStyledTextEvent& WXUNUSED(event))
> > > void ExecuteSqlFrame::OnSqlEditCharAdded(wxStyledTextEvent& WXUNUSED(event))
> > > void ExecuteSqlFrame::OnMenuOpen(wxCommandEvent& WXUNUSED(event))
>
> ctags developers closed the bug report (as invalid) as there is a
> workaround to use -I switch. So, in this case, ctags should be invoked
> with:
>
> ctags -IWXUNUSED
>
> I'm not sure it's a smart idea to put that directly in the code, so
> maybe it would be good to add something like 'Additional ctags
> options' setting in Preferences -> Tools. It would be a simple text
I added something similar to the current SVN version(quoting the
docs :D):

You can also ignore certain tags if they would lead to wrong parsing of
the code. Simply create a file called "ignore.tags" in your Geany
configuration directory (usually ``~/.geany/``). Then list all tags
you want to ignore in this file, separated by spaces and/or newlines.

For more details, please read the ctags manual at
http://ctags.sourceforge.net/ctags.html for the -I option.