[Geany] Problems with symbol browser

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun Feb 17 17:55:13 UTC 2008

On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 00:49:38 +0100, "Milan Babuskov"
<milan.babuskov at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi.

> I'm doing a lot of development in wxWidgets (C++). To fix warnings to
> unused variables for different compilers, wxWidgets use the WXUNUSED
> macro. This is usually used in event handlers (and since it's GUI
> programming, there are a lot of them). Functions look like this:
>
> void ExecuteSqlFrame::OnSqlEditUpdateUI(wxStyledTextEvent& WXUNUSED(event))
> void ExecuteSqlFrame::OnSqlEditCharAdded(wxStyledTextEvent& WXUNUSED(event))
> void ExecuteSqlFrame::OnMenuOpen(wxCommandEvent& WXUNUSED(event))
>
> This confuses the Symbol browser (to the left), which shows:
>
> ExecuteSqlFrame::WXUNUSED
>
> for all such functions. Is this a bug in Geany and could you recommend
> some workaround until it's fixed?

Yes, it is a bug. It's not really a Geany bug, more a bug in the CTags
C parser. Well, there are two possibilities:
- someone fixes the bug in Geany and we'll send the fix to the CTags
project
- you file a bugreport at the CTags bug tracker
(http://ctags.sourceforge.net) and when it is fixed, we use the fix
also for Geany. If you do so, please post a link to the bugreport,
Thanks.

I won't work on this. So maybe Nick want to fix it, or anyone else
likes to write a patch. The file to look into is tagmanager/c.c in the
Geany source directory.
But it's probably better to report this at the CTags project and hope
someone will fix it.