[Geany] Problems with symbol browser

Milan Babuskov milan.babuskov at xxxxx
Sat Feb 16 23:49:38 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'm doing a lot of development in wxWidgets (C++). To fix warnings to
unused variables for different compilers, wxWidgets use the WXUNUSED
macro. This is usually used in event handlers (and since it's GUI
programming, there are a lot of them). Functions look like this:

void ExecuteSqlFrame::OnSqlEditUpdateUI(wxStyledTextEvent& WXUNUSED(event))
void ExecuteSqlFrame::OnSqlEditCharAdded(wxStyledTextEvent& WXUNUSED(event))
void ExecuteSqlFrame::OnMenuOpen(wxCommandEvent& WXUNUSED(event))

This confuses the Symbol browser (to the left), which shows:

ExecuteSqlFrame::WXUNUSED

for all such functions. Is this a bug in Geany and could you recommend
some workaround until it's fixed?

BTW, I tested with 0.12 and 0.13 and the problem is visible in both versions.

Thanks,

--
Milan Babuskov
http://www.flamerobin.org