[Geany] New Release: Geany 0.13

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Tue Feb 5 18:47:34 UTC 2008

On Tue, 05 Feb 2008 16:51:52 +0100, Andreas Tscharner
<andy at vis.ethz.ch> wrote:

Hi,

> The Copy & Paste problem in the Windows version has been fixed and works
> now as expected
>
> Unfortunately, it does not recognize many UTF-8, ISO-8859-1 or CP1252
> files any more (in Windows). This has worked in the svn_r2188 (interim)
> build.
Strange, between r2188 and the release were no changes related to that.
Can you send me some example files? Ideally in an archive to keep them
as they are. Thanks.

> I have a suggestion for the problem of an unrecognized encoding in a
> file: Set the encoding to "none" and open it anyway (this works from the
What exactly do you mean by "unrecognized"? The problem is to know when
an encoding wasn't recognized correctly. If we would know that, we
could do recheck or something to correct the first try. But since there
seems to be no sane way to get the real correct encoding for a file
it's always only guessing.
If Geany is sure, the encoding can't be detected or the file can't be
open correctly, Geany already prints an error dialog with an
(hopefully) appropiate message and marks the file read-only to indicate
something went wrong.