[Geany] plugin docs - Re: geanydebug vs. geanydbg

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Mon Dec 15 12:41:04 UTC 2008

On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 18:41:46 +0100
Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:

> Hmm, it shouldn't append ".class" to %e, it only does this while
> preparing the execution to verify that the current source file
> already has been compiled (which means for javac a .class file
> exists). When using gcj, you get .o files, IIRC and so Geany's
> builtin smartness about this fails badly.
>
> Maybe we should remove this check or we perform this check only if
> filetype is Java and compiler command contains "javac" assuming that
> this will use .class files. But this seems like another ugly hack with
> potential to be error-prone.

I think we could remove the check and just let the java interpreter
issue a 'class not found' error. Same for executables/scripts, just let
the interpreter say 'unknown command'. Then the user can make the run
command do anything they like ;-)

Regards,
Nick