[Geany] change view whitespace character and toogle view whitespace button

Bob Snyder bob.snyder at xxxxx
Sat Dec 6 15:44:49 UTC 2008

Enrico Tröger wrote:

>> There does not seem to be hot keys or toolbar buttons for view
>> whitespace or view line endings. I seem to have to go into the
>> preferences to toggle on/off. Is there a way? I really need to toggle
>> these from the edit window toolbar or hot key combinations.
>>

> For a toolbar button we would need an icon. If you have any
> suggestions, it could be easily added.

Putting it on the toolbar may be a bit too much, since that is for more
commonly used functions and many folks don't like a cluttered toolbar.
But having to go into to preferences to change it is too much work. I
need to change it occasionally but not often enough to remember where it
is buried in the preferences. (Preferences->Editor tab->Display
tab->Show white space) How about making a 'Show white space' option
available under the View menu?

Thanks,

Bob S