[Geany] 233MHz performance (YMMV) - Re: Editor performance

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Thu Dec 4 16:46:18 UTC 2008

On Thu, 04 Dec 2008 13:48:33 +0100
Dominic Hopf <dmaphy at googlemail.com> wrote:

> I also noticed the cursor "stucking" around braces when moving it with
> the arrow keys. I can't say this would be slowing down the work, but
> it's getting more slower if the CPU has some other things to do. So i
> can imagine, if someone has a very slow CPU - say an old 233MHz
> engine - this would not be that nice.

I mainly use a 233MHz machine and never really have trouble with it,
but I don't hold down the arrow keys ever. The scrollbar can be a bit
jerky sometimes, but still quite usable. I tend to use the mouse scroll
wheel and page up/down. But, I have quite a lot of memory, 320900 kB
(MemTotal with /proc/meminfo) and have disabled unnecessary processes,
and run Xfce.

The only thing that really slows down the system that I do is running
the autotools through Geany ;-)

Regards,
Nick