[Geany] common styling (Re: Dark Theme for Geany)

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Thu Dec 4 15:17:14 UTC 2008

On Thu, 4 Dec 2008 13:09:10 +0000, Nick Treleaven
<nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:

>On Wed, 3 Dec 2008 16:25:08 +0100
>Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
>
>> >Are there any plans to add theme support to Geany core so that you
>> >can choose a theme from the menu?
>>
>> Not really.
>> It would just cause many new code and other code to be rewritten
>> while this feature would probably used rather seldom unless you
>> change the colour scheme twice every day.
>
>I think Geany should support one common styling file (not
>to be confused with filetypes.common). Then writing other schemes would
>only mean adding one configuration file.
>
>This would be quite a lot of work, changing all the default
>highlighting.c code to reference a common styling file, but I think it
>would be worth it.

Having all in one file would be easier to switch between different
schemes. But it would also make partial updates harder, maybe.

Well, no idea. For me, there are bigger problems than the styling
stuff. Maybe because I don't have problems with the default styles.