[Geany] common styling (Re: Dark Theme for Geany)

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Thu Dec 4 13:09:10 UTC 2008

On Wed, 3 Dec 2008 16:25:08 +0100
Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:

> >Are there any plans to add theme support to Geany core so that you
> >can choose a theme from the menu?
>
> Not really.
> It would just cause many new code and other code to be rewritten while
> this feature would probably used rather seldom unless you change the
> colour scheme twice every day.

I think Geany should support one common styling file (not
to be confused with filetypes.common). Then writing other schemes would
only mean adding one configuration file.

This would be quite a lot of work, changing all the default
highlighting.c code to reference a common styling file, but I think it
would be worth it.

If we implemented that, I think a menu to change between common styling
files would be reasonable to have.

Regards,
Nick