[Geany] Dark Theme for Geany

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Wed Dec 3 16:30:39 UTC 2008

On Wed, 03 Dec 2008 16:59:30 +0100, Harold Aling <geany at sait.nl> wrote:

>On Wed, 3 Dec 2008 16:50:50 +0100, Enrico Tröger
><enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
>> On Wed, 03 Dec 2008 16:29:23 +0100, Thomas Martitz
>> <thomas47 at arcor.de> wrote:

>>>I think it doesn't have to be complete themes necessarily (real
>>>theming should be done by GTK imho). But I'd surely be nice if some
>>>more filetype defs were shipped with Geany. That make easier to have
>>>e.g. such a dark theme consistent over all filetypes without editing
>>>dozens of filetype.* files.
>>
>> Well, I'm not sure whether we really should ship two or even more
>> colour schemes (besides that it would be ugly to realise in terms of
>> installing with autotools/waf/on Windows).
>>
>> But the dark scheme project already exists. I think this could be a
>> good place for people who like dark schemes. It's everything already
>> there but it seems people do like to avoid realising this project?
>
>You mean the project at http://code.google.com/p/geany-dark-scheme/ ?
>
>That project doesn't even support .php files! ;)

That's the problem: there is only one small part missing and so you
skip it at all. But you could send them your filetypes.php (assuming
you have one) and then it's a little more complete and the next user
might get happy because then it has filetypes.php.

In short: just contribute.

>On a side note: every time I change my color scheme, I loose my

Again, who often do you change the scheme?

>customizations in the filetypes.common file ;)

Not completely sure what this means.
Anyway, it was never intended to provide a full scheming support in
terms of instantly switching different themes. In those files there are
also other settings stored, especially in filetypes.common.
Syntax colours can be customized, this is the feature we support, full
scheming including switching schemes we don't support really.

Of course we could change that but keep in mind that:
a) our days are also limited to 24hours
b) splitting all this causes more files to be installed, to read, to
write, to maintain and such. More code to handle them.