[Geany] Speaking of tab switching... sometimes they disappear

Ross McKay rosko at xxxxx
Fri Aug 15 14:39:32 UTC 2008

G'day Enrico, thanks for replying.

>Erm, is it that certain documents get closed or is it just the notebook
>tab bar which disappears?

Only the tab bar disappears, as far as she's determined; no documents
are closed, and all is fine after toggling all widgets and closing the
message window again. Until the next loss of the tab bar.

>Maybe she accidentally double clicks on a notebook, then Geany hides
>'additional widgets' and so the tab bar.
>[...]

Aha! That's probably it, she has developed a habit of double-clicking on
all sorts of things lately :) and she thanks you for the explanation and
for taking the time to investigate.

If only I could convince her to use the keyboard more and the mouse
less, the problem could disappear completely... ;)

cheers,
Ross.
--
Ross McKay, Toronto, NSW Australia
"Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water;