[Geany] Tab-Switching via Ctrl-Tab

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Thu Aug 14 12:18:08 UTC 2008

On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 19:50:54 +0200
Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:

> I'm still not really convinced, maybe I don't imagine it well enough.
> When using MRU documents switching, I still need to use both features:
> Ctrl-Tab to switch between documents and code navigation back/forward
> to navigate inside _one_ document and I need to remember where which
> code was.

Yes, it would be a bit more complicated, but probably OK when the user
got used to it. But that's what makes it more powerful.

Ctrl-Tab would only go one way in the MRU documents queue (back?), so
there would be another command to go forward, maybe Ctrl-Shift-Tab.
Alternatively just drop Ctrl-Tab and use a different pair of
keybindings.

> Hmm, maybe I'm missing something or imagine it too complicated. And
> I'm also not that against it as it might sound, just worried.

I just wanted to raise the issue. After the MRU documents
switching is implemented and people are used to it, maybe then someone
will agree with me ;-)

Regards,
Nick