[Geany] Problems when "no space left on device"

FD Cami francois.cami at xxxxx
Tue Apr 29 14:23:24 UTC 2008

On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 15:56:56 +0200
Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:

> In any case, in such cases a version control system is IMO the only way
> to get around this problem.

I could not agree more with that.

> Well, to summarise this is a bit:
> I'll add a dialog box now for failed write operations (for whatever
> reason it has failed), for backup purposes or other restoration
> possibilities is IMO the user responsible. He has the help of the
> backupcopy plugin or can use version control systems or something else.

OK.

> If this is really not enough I would accept a patch to optionally do
> the suggested process of using a temporary for writing. But it should
> be optionally as this would break some things on the existing file
> (permissions, hard links, ...).

I will check the backupcopy plugin. At this stage it looks like it
will fix most, if not all, problems. If needed I will implement
the temporary file hack. Thanks for keeping the door open :)

Best regards,

Francois