[Geany] returning from "go to tag definition"

Forest list8a.forest at xxxxx
Fri Apr 4 20:20:27 UTC 2008

On Fri, April 4, 2008 12:03 pm, Harold Aling wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Apr 2008 11:23:57 -0700 (PDT)
> "Forest" <list8a.forest at tibit.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi, all.
>> Geany's "go to tag definition" covers the first part of this feature,
>> but it doesn't seem to do the second.  Am I simply missing it?  If
>> it's not already part of Geany, would the developers consider adding
>> a "return from tag" feature like this?
>
> Have you tried the back and forward buttons in the toolbar?

I hadn't even seen them.  (The first thing I do in most GUI apps is to
turn off the toolbars, which I never use because they require me to take
my hands off the keyboard, which is slow and distracting.)

Yes, that seems to nearly cover the operations I'm looking for, and now
that I know them as "forward" and "back" commands, I see how to bind them
to keystrokes.  Thank you!

One little frustration, though: the "back" command takes my cursor back to
the line I left (when jumping to a definition), but not to the column I
left.  Instead, it always seems to move the cursor to the first column.
Can I fix that with a config setting?  If not, might I submit it as a
feature request or bug report?