New Geany site is much faster (was - Re: [Geany] site looks bad in konqueror )

Andy Elvey andy.elvey at xxxxx
Thu Sep 27 07:51:53 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-09-26 at 13:06 -0400, John Gabriele wrote:
> On 9/26/07, Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
> > [snip]
> >
> > So, let's choose another one, which is usuable for you all and fits my
> > wishes ;-).
> >
> > My suggestions:
> > http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/BlueBerrySkin
> > http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/LeanSkin
> > http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/LightSkin
> > http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/WikiLoveSkin
> >
> > More can be found on http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Skins.
>
> Looks like both Lean Skin and Light Skin have had a lot of work put
> into them (by the same author), but Light Skin has some nice touches
> to make the page look a little less harsh. I also like how Light skin
> makes the background of code snippets darker than the surrounding
> text.
>
> Like Nick, I also prefer the sidebar on the left, and it seems to be a
> trivial change to make Light Skin do that (change a 1 to a 0, line
> 32).
>
> WikiLove is pretty too, but doesn't seem as polished as the others. It
> doesn't come with any documentation like the others, and its author
> has not responded to the problems listed in the comments section of
> its page.
>
> ---John

 Pretty much agreed here.  Both LeanSkin and LightSkin are good (I tend
to like Lean more as it has the links on the left). Don't like
WikiLoveSkin at all - too "busy", too cluttered. So, +1 from here for
both LeanSkin and LightSkin.  -1 for WikiLoveSkin.... :-)
- Andy