[Geany] Build command

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Tue Sep 25 15:46:41 UTC 2007

On 25/09/07 15:43:29, Christoph Singewald wrote:
> I have three suggestions, I hope this list is the right place.

Yep ;-)

> 1) It would be convenient if the build (make) command could be
> confgured for each projekt separately.

I'm not sure what you mean - you can have a separate make directory for
each project - set the 'Base path'.

> 2) On Windows I am used to Ultraedit. If some text is selected, it
> searches for this test by pressing F3. Only if nothing is selected it
> uses the last searchbuffer. But it's purely a matter of taste.

There is a 'Find Selected' command in the Search menu, you can
configure a keybinding for this. I think the Find Next command is best
separated from this.

> 3) Is it possible to load the languages for syntax highlighting
> dynamically. I think at the moment its not possible to add an
> language?

It's not possible, and would be quite a lot of work to make it work
like that. I think someone was writing a regex-based Scintilla lexer
for the Scintilla project, but I don't know if it got finished. That
would be a key step.

Regards,
Nick