[Geany] site looks bad in konqueror

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Tue Sep 25 15:40:33 UTC 2007

On 25/09/07 14:56:16, Enrico Tröger wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 15:46:26 -0400, "John Gabriele"
> <jmg3000 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Sorry. What I meant was, Firefox (and Xorg, actually) bogs down
> when
> pages
> > on the site, or when I change browser tabs to the one with the
> Geany
> > page on it.
> Ah ok, I got it now. Probably this is caused by the theme of the site
> and the heavy use of CSS. I'm ot sure and I didn't investigated it
> further but this is my first guess. If I have time, I'll look for
> another nice and faster theme.
>
> For quick testing, please see http://geany2.uvena.de/, it's a copy of
> the current site with the slim original pmwiki theme. Any
> differences?

Personally I use Galeon, which uses the mozilla rendering engine,
provided (on FC5) by:
seamonkey-1.0.8-0.5.1.fc5

I don't get any noticeable performance problems (even on a slow
machine), but there is a rendering bug with the 'A bit modern' theme. I
hadn't mentioned it before, but I get a glitch on the sidebar menu
after about the height of the first page. The gradient margin stops
there and the background colours are then skewed to the left by about
20px.

I just tried the slim theme link and it seems to render perfectly. Also
I think now it may be better to have a lighter theme than 'A bit
modern'.

Regards,
Nick