[Geany] msg_win_add

Jeff Pohlmeyer yetanothergeek at xxxxx
Tue Sep 18 19:13:03 UTC 2007

On 9/18/07, Nick Treleaven <nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:

> I think it might be best to avoid exposing the MessageWindow fields -
> would a single function to clear and focus a message window tab be
> sufficient?

Yes, that would be even better, but ...

My idea here was to use the compiler window to display error messages
caused by faulty scripts invoked by the Lua plugin.

But after thinking about it, that is probably not such a good idea.

For one thing, the compiler window appears to be disabled on Windows,
so it wouldn't work there anyway. Also, the Lua interpreter stops on the
very first error it encounters, so it doesn't spit out five thousand lines of
obscure error messages like gcc loves to do.

So I think the best approach for me is to simply display a dialog box
describing the error, with maybe a "Go There" button to open the script
and scroll to the offending line. That should be easy enough to accomplish
using the current API.

So in other words, never mind all my noise!

 - Jeff