[Geany] msg_win_add

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Mon Sep 17 11:30:01 UTC 2007

On 15/09/07 18:29:15, blackdog wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 12:00:12 -0500
> "Jeff Pohlmeyer" <yetanothergeek at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On 9/15/07, blackdog <blackdog at ipowerhouse.com> wrote:
> >
> > > So, given that this is late in the day, maybe for now I can just
> add
> > > into struct GeanyData, void *buildInfo
> >
> > As long as you declare it as a pointer to a struct, and you don't
> try
> > to dereference the pointer before including the header, I think you
> > can just do it this way, instead of void pointer :
> >
> >   struct BuildInfo *build_info;
> Yes but it seems then i need to include build.h in various files
> then.

You don't have to include build.h in that situation, but the problem
was that struct BuildInfo wasn't declared in build.h - I've now fixed
this and applied the patch slightly modified - thanks for this.

I also changed compiler_add in the API to take printf style varargs - I
think this is more flexible.

> > Also IMO it is always a good idea to add new fields to the *end*
> > of a struct, to keep the existing offsets the same.
> I did that to start but all the struct fields are grouped at the top

I like to keep the data fields grouped together, so I think this is OK.
I incremented the abi_version so plugins will need recompiling.

Regards,
Nick