[Geany] msg_win_add

blackdog blackdog at xxxxx
Sat Sep 15 17:29:15 UTC 2007

On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 12:00:12 -0500
"Jeff Pohlmeyer" <yetanothergeek at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 9/15/07, blackdog <blackdog at ipowerhouse.com> wrote:
>
> > So, given that this is late in the day, maybe for now I can just add
> > into struct GeanyData, void *buildInfo
>
> As long as you declare it as a pointer to a struct, and you don't try
> to dereference the pointer before including the header, I think you
> can just do it this way, instead of void pointer :
>
>   struct BuildInfo *build_info;
Yes but it seems then i need to include build.h in various files then.

> Also IMO it is always a good idea to add new fields to the *end*
> of a struct, to keep the existing offsets the same.
I did that to start but all the struct fields are grouped at the top of
the struct and have nulls assigned  to them later in order, so not
knowing better i thought best keep the form of the existing.

I'm not sure so if Nick or Enrico can tell me what's best I can
resubmit.

Thanks for the pointers.

bd

>  - Jeff

http://www.blackdog-haxe.com/

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick
society." --Jiddu Krishnamurti