[Geany] Plugin API incompatible changes

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Tue Sep 11 16:23:03 UTC 2007

Hi all,
Before the first release of Geany with plugin support, I decided to
clean up some functions in the API:

document->open_file() no longer has the idx for reloading or pos
arguments, but I've added document_reload_file() to replace the former.

utils->str_replace() was replaced with string_replace_all(), which uses
a GString. Using GString is better performance-wise, and the original
function freeing it's first argument is often considered bad practice
in APIs (whoever allocated memory is usually responsible for freeing
it).

Lastly, we thought sci->get_zoom() would not get used in most plugins,
so it was removed; use sci->send_message() instead.

Hopefully this won't cause too much inconvenience.

Regards,
Nick