[Geany] navigate forward and back

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun Sep 9 16:51:50 UTC 2007

On Sat, 8 Sep 2007 14:56:19 -0400, "John Gabriele" <jmg3000 at gmail.com>
wrote:

Hi,

> What exactly do "Navigate forward a location" and "Navigate back a
> location" do?
You are in file A and click on "Go to Tag Definition". Then Geany
switches to the file(if open) where the current tag is defined. If you
now easily get back to your start point, you "Navigate back a
location". This works also for symbol list items.
This feature was added by a patch by Dave Moore and it is especially
useful when exploring foreign code where you usually jump between
functions and declarations.

> The docs mention a "navigation history". What does that mean?
I tried to describe it a bit in the docs(SVN r1864, [1]). But I'm not
sure whether it sounds good and is well explained. Maybe someone wants
to improve it ;-).

[1] http://geany.uvena.de/manual/index.html