[Geany] Autocompletion followed by text

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Fri Sep 7 15:21:04 UTC 2007

On 09/06/2007 05:35:33 PM, Enrico Tröger wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Sep 2007 17:12:20 -0600, Steve <steve at trinidadgraphics.com>
> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 5 Sep 2007 21:52:36 +0200
> > Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:

> using
> > > This is a feature not a bug. We discussed this partly on this
> list
> > > [1]. IMO it is better to not auto complete if the cursor is not
> at
> > > the end of a line.
> >
> > Out of curiosity, why?
> Because it may confuse too much when accidentally hitting [Tab] (or
> whatever the auto completion is bound to) and is probably very
> unexpected.

When I first added this behaviour, it was when the default
autocompletion was triggered just by typing space. So I added it so the
autocompletion wasn't triggered when e.g. typing 'if' at the start of a
line that already had text on it.

Now I can't really think of a situation where this is necessary. Are
there any real situations where this is a problem?

Also, if it is useful, maybe we should add a (possibly hidden)
preference to disable it.

Regards,
Nick