[Geany] Geany Lua Plugin 0.1

Jeff Pohlmeyer yetanothergeek at xxxxx
Fri Sep 7 12:37:43 UTC 2007

On 9/6/07, Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Sep 2007 13:59:45 -0500, "Jeff Pohlmeyer"
> <yetanothergeek at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I had some problems getting a "geany.exe" cross-compiled

> It is possible. Some time, er, long time ago, I set up a
> cross-compile environment.

Yes, I have it working, but I ran into a couple of snags, for some reason
the "win32.o" object file doesn't get built or linked, and I had to manually
pass -lcomdlg32  -liberty to the linker. Given that I also had to explicitly
use the --disable-vte --disable-socket arguments for configure, it looks like
some "Linux-isms" are still sneaking in somewhere.

The resulting Geany.exe runs fine on Win2k, and it runs OK on Win98 from a
MinGW prompt. But when I try to launch it on Win98 from Explorer or Desktop,
it hangs for a few seconds and then crashes with an access violation.

Not a big deal for me though, about the only thing I use Windows for is
for testing Windows builds :)

> Btw, your gzipped .so works fine on my Debian Testing system.

Thanks, that's good to know!

 - Jeff