[Geany] Autocompletion followed by text

Steve steve at xxxxx
Thu Sep 6 19:01:37 UTC 2007

On Thu, 6 Sep 2007 18:35:33 +0200
Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:

> > On Wed, 5 Sep 2007 21:52:36 +0200
> > Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
> >
> > > This is a feature not a bug. We discussed this partly on this list
> > > [1]. IMO it is better to not auto complete if the cursor is not at
> > > the end of a line.
> >
> > Out of curiosity, why?
> Because it may confuse too much when accidentally hitting [Tab] (or
> whatever the auto completion is bound to) and is probably very
> unexpected.

Fair enough, but I think I'd have to argue that Geany's target users
are not so easily confused as that. If we we were talking about Leafpad
or Kwrite then, yes, I'd agree.

For what it's worth, I was confused by the current behavior. I spent an
hour or so tinkering, sure I was doing something wrong, since (1) it
was behaving in an obviously inconsistent way and (2) it didn't work
the way the docs say it does ("Everytime you write myname <TAB> in
Geany...").

Anyway, thanks again for the patch. With the patch applied,
autocomplete does exactly what I need it to.

Regards,

Stveve

--
Steve Jacobs