[Geany] Geany Lua Plugin 0.1

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Thu Sep 6 16:38:49 UTC 2007

On Thu, 6 Sep 2007 10:04:54 -0500, "Jeff Pohlmeyer"
<yetanothergeek at gmail.com> wrote:

> > how do you build 'universal' .so's for Linux, and how are
> > they limited (e.g. glibc, kernel version)?
>

> I just built it with the supplied Makefile, and I can't even
> make a guess as to how "universal" it is, but my system looks
> something like this:
>  SuSE-10.2 - kernel-2.6.18
>  gcc-4.1.2 - libc-2.5-25
>  glib-2.14.0 - gtk+-2.10.14
>  Lua-5.1.2
>
> Hopefully that works for a lot of people, but no doubt there
> will still be some who will need to compile their own.
I guess when using a different gcc major version it won't work. And
maybe other things shouldn't differ that much ;-).

> I'm also interested to know how the Win32 DLL works for other users.
> It was cross-compiled on the same machine, but I had some problems
> getting a "geany.exe" cross-compiled to test it with. I think my
> MinGW environment isn't well enough isolated from the Linux tool
> chain as it should be.
It is possible. Some time, er, long time ago, I set up a cross-compile
environment. Some of the changes are still in the Makefiles. Check the
(still) hardcoded paths for the tools in the makefiles(currently it is
set to /usr/local/cross-tools) and check your compiler is detected
correctly by the configure script. If it was detected, the autoconf
variable MINGW is set by configure which is used in the makefiles.