UI shortcuts (was Re: [Geany] default keybindings, revisited)

chuck ctl at xxxxx
Mon Sep 3 17:34:28 UTC 2007

Just to get my opinion stated,

If I could do everything without touching my mouse, I'd be really happy.
  Everything includes switching buffers, going to the sidebar, switching
views there, moving up and down lists, trees, etc, moving back to the
edit window, opening/saving/closing files, doing some common editing
things like switching to/from upper case (even capitalization is useful;
I used it a lot in emacs), formatting code, etc. navigating to the
message/terminal/output windows and back...
[I know many of the things mentioned are already bound to key shortcuts]

See, I really don't like using the mouse.  I get my fingers on the right
place on the keyboard and that's good. When I have to use Mr. Mouse and
come back I invariably start typing the wrong thing because my right
hand locates itself one key to the left or right.

So, just my viewpoint.  I use Geany all the time.  Love it.  Don't plan
to switch to anything else anytime soon.  Don't change any plans cause
of me.

chuck