[Geany] Geany crashes in Windows

Bob Snyder bob.snyder at xxxxx
Tue Oct 30 15:10:01 UTC 2007

Enrico Tröger wrote:

>>> Can't reproduce this with current svn r1991 under XP SP2, I just
>>> opened a file
>>>
>>> z:\dev\uam-client-svn\agent\internal-windomain\internal.c
>>>
>>> and it didn't crash. I remember however that once I had a problem
>>> when geany ran under a user without admin rights and it crashed.
>>> Does your account have admin rights?
>>>
>>> I attach you my binary, it was compiled using the mingw compiler.
>>> Does it crash, too?
>>>

>> I will try with admin rights today. But no attachment came with the
>> message. Did my attachments make it? (there were two).
>>

> Yes, your attachments were sent properly.
>
> It might be related to missing admin rights. I didn't test it without
> because on my Windows box I need them for getting the WLan interface to
> work, lovely Windows...
>
> Maybe the file you want to open is not readable or writeable for your
> user? Or is any directory between the file and root not readable or in
> any case accessable to your user?

Yes, things work normally when I run Geany as a user with admin rights.

All the files and folders in the path are readable and writable by my
normal 'non-admin' user. I have used several other editors on these
files with no problem.

Tim, go ahead and send the binary to me directly using the 'from'
address in this message. When you tested it with the file you listed was
Geany running with admin rights?

Thanks,

Bob S.