[Geany] autocomplete terminology confusion

kib2 kib2 at xxxxx
Mon Oct 22 16:01:47 UTC 2007

Enrico Tröger a écrit :
> On Sat, 20 Oct 2007 12:54:03 -0400, "John Gabriele" <jmg3000 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> On 10/20/07, Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:

>>> But why not? IMO it fits the actual behaviour more than auto
>>> completion.
>>>
>> The actual behaviour is, of course, to expand a small piece of text
>> into a larger piece -- regardless of whether or not it's code. So,
>> really, neither "code snippets" nor "snippets" are names that fit
>> actual behaviour. I just thought "snippets" would be simpler, and more
>> general sounding.
>>
> Why doesn't fit snippets at all?
> I think it is good enough and I'm not really sure about your last
> sentence. You also suggest snippets or you are against? To me it sounds
> a bit contrary.
>

> Regards,
> Enrico

Hi,

Snippets have a different meaning for me :
those of a TextMate like editor (InType, eTexteditor,Smultron,...), with
fields where you can give default values, apply transforms and pos your
cursor at the end.
Type 'snippets' + Vim or Emacs, and you'll find these features too.
So this term seems commonly used for pieces of text with dynamic
replacements; that's not Geany behavior.

Kib.