[Geany] autocomplete terminology confusion

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Fri Oct 19 12:55:06 UTC 2007

On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 16:44:41 -0400, "John Gabriele" <jmg3000 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 10/18/07, Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
> > On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 15:19:33 -0400, "John Gabriele"
> > <jmg3000 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > It seems like Geany offers 2 ways of helping complete what you're
> > > in the middle of typing:
> > >
> > > 1. Autocomplete construct -- where you hit Tab and get completion
> > > of the preceding construct, which is defined in your
> > > autocomplete.conf file, and
> > >
> > > 2. Complete word -- where you hit Ctrl-Space and get completion
> > > of the preceding partial word, which is a symbol somewhere else
> > > in the file which Geany knows about via its built-in
> > > understanding of tags.
> > >
> > > Is that correct?
> >
> > No. I just realized this issue today, nice accident ;-).
> > I think we should separate these two features more clearly because
> > they are two different kinds of helpers. The question for me is,
> > how. You know, English isn't my mother tongue and right now I have
> > no idea how to improve it by keeping its meaning.
> > Any ideas?
>
> No, because I don't know what the incorrect thing is to which you're
> referring. :)
I wasn't clearly enough about what I wanted to say: I was talking about
the used terms not the functionality itself.