[Geany] autocomplete.conf is not working for me

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Thu Oct 18 11:28:47 UTC 2007

On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 14:49:48 +0200, kib2 <kib2 at free.fr> wrote:

> > Thanks for the extra info. Unfortunately I'm not sure what's
> > causing the problem. I think the only thing we haven't checked is
> > the autocomplete.conf file itself (but I guess that shouldn't have
> > changed since installation).
> Hi Nick,
> In fact, I've changed the autocomplete.conf contents to a lighter
> one, but I don't think that's the problem.
It is.
> Here it is :
>
>  >Cut here------------------
> [Default]
> name=K.Christophe
>
> [Python]
> ifp=if %cursor%:\npass
The file itself looks fine at least there doesn't seem to be any syntax
errors. But you never defined a auto completion for "for". So when you
try to autocomplete "for" you should also define it as an auto
completion.
You can only auto complete these words which you have defined in the
auto completion file. So, instead of trying it with "for", try it with
"name" and it might work.