[Geany] Couple of suggestions

Rob van der Linde robvdl at xxxxx
Mon Oct 1 21:11:10 UTC 2007

I didn't actually expect aything to be done about the close icons in the
end anyway, but have tested it now too, and here are my results. I get
the same effect with the small close icons. Attached is a screenshot of
Geany, GEdit and Gnome Terminal. The icons in GEdit and Gnome terminal
seem identical, but Geany ones are smaller. However tab size remains the
same.

On Mon, 2007-10-01 at 11:44 -0500, Jeff Pohlmeyer wrote:
> Slightly off-topic, but the TabMix Plus extension for Firefox
> has an option I really like, that is to show the close button
> only on the active tab. This helps prevent accidently closing
> a tab while clicking to activate it. So, even if you don't the
> the way the X's look, at least you could have fewer of them :-)

The thing with this feature is some people like it, and some people
don't. My flatmate uses the Ubuntu Human theme on Firefox
(firefox-themes-ubuntu), because it doesn't show the close button on
anything but the active tab. I can't stand it, and use the the Ubuntu
Tango theme on Firefox myself (also part of firefox-themes-ubuntu), it
shows close buttons on all tabs, which is what I want. So thing thing
is, I wouldn't want to see it in Geany either, unless it was through a
plugin.