[Geany] is geany_run_script.sh necessary?

Marek Wojciechowski mwojc at xxxxx
Thu Nov 29 18:59:14 UTC 2007

Dnia czwartek 29 listopad 2007, Enrico Tröger napisał:
> On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 15:04:29 +0100, Marek Wojciechowski
> <mwojc at p.lodz.pl> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> > I'd like to ask if there's a possibility to pass
> > compilation/build/execute commands directly to the shell and not via
> > geany_run_script.sh file.
>
> compile and execute commands are always used directly, only the run
> command is using a shell script as a wrapper to add a "Press return to
> continue" break otherwise the opened terminal would close immediately.
> Additionally, with this script the program's exit code can be displayed
> as well as output non-expected output.
> Why do you want to skip it?
>

> Regards,
> Enrico

Well. I thought about running python scripts directly in ipython
(http://ipython.scipy.org) instance opened in terminal. There is a very
convenient command: "run script_name.py" in ipython which allows to keep all
variables in the python session. However, running "./geany_run_script.sh" is
not allowable in ipython console...

Greetings
--
Marek Wojciechowski