[Geany] is geany_run_script.sh necessary?

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Thu Nov 29 19:30:09 UTC 2007

On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 19:59:14 +0100, Marek Wojciechowski
<mwojc at p.lodz.pl> wrote:

> Dnia czwartek 29 listopad 2007, Enrico Tröger napisał:
> > On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 15:04:29 +0100, Marek Wojciechowski
> > <mwojc at p.lodz.pl> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > > I'd like to ask if there's a possibility to pass
> > > compilation/build/execute commands directly to the shell and not
> > > via geany_run_script.sh file.
> >
> > compile and execute commands are always used directly, only the run
> > command is using a shell script as a wrapper to add a "Press return
> > to continue" break otherwise the opened terminal would close
> > immediately. Additionally, with this script the program's exit code
> > can be displayed as well as output non-expected output.
> > Why do you want to skip it?
> >

> > Regards,
> > Enrico
>
> Well. I thought about running python scripts directly in ipython
> (http://ipython.scipy.org) instance opened in terminal. There is a
> very convenient command: "run script_name.py" in ipython which allows
> to keep all variables in the python session. However, running
> "./geany_run_script.sh" is not allowable in ipython console...
I still don't understand what you are trying to do.
You have a ipython session running in a terminal and Geany's Run
command should call run python_file.py in this ipython instance?