[Geany] Symbol list whitespace

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Mon Nov 19 15:37:38 UTC 2007

On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 15:49:02 +0100, Harold Aling <h.aling at home.nl>
wrote:

> On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 16:12:50 +0100, Enrico Tröger
> <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
> > On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 13:19:18 +0000, Nick Treleaven
> > <nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:
> >> I just noticed for Gtk 2.12 (which I don't have yet ;-)) there's an
> >> option to hide expanders, which can also disable indentation - see
> >> gtk_tree_view_set_show_expanders(). Perhaps for Gtk 2.12 it could
> >> be
> > I added a hidden pref for this. With hidden expanders there is no
> > more indentation at all, i.e. you can't distinguish between
> > sections and symbols anymore. IMO, a hidden pref is sufficient for
> > that, the documentation is updated. The hidden pref is called:
> > show_symbol_list_expanders, default is TRUE.
>
> I just checked out this hidden pref, and I like it!
>
> Although, it'll probably look a bit better if the headings (Funcions,
> Variables, etc) were a bit more distinct (bold/darker background/etc).
Ok, I tried a darker background but it doesn't look good with the icons
and so I committed some changes to make the section name bold. At the
moment this affects also the sections if the expanders are shown.
Right now, I'm not sure whether it looks good or whether it should be
disabled for the usual view. Any opinions?