[Geany] VFS files

Alexandre Moreira alexandream at xxxxx
Tue Nov 13 18:07:15 UTC 2007

On Nov 13, 2007 12:21 PM, Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 20:40:12 +0100, Bo Lorentsen <bl at lue.dk> wrote:
>
> > Hi ...
> >
> > I have been using Geany a bit the last few days, and its becoming a
> > quite useful tool. But I can't open files that is mounted in VFS :-(
> >
> > Are there any plans of vfs support, or am I the only one having this
> > need ?
> I guess you are talking about gnome-vfs?
> If so, it won't be supported. As Tim mentioned, fuse is very powerful
> and provides (IMO) a cleaner way to use remote file systems while being
> completely application independent.

Hello, Enrico. Just thought you might want to take a look at Alexander
Larsson's GIO/GVFS stuff.

He proposes an architecture that seems to unite the power of Fuse with
the integration provided by Gnome-VFS. Perhaps it would be worth to
take a look at it when it is finally done (although I'm not quite sure
when this is going to be.)

Regards,
Alexandre Moreira.