[Geany] Renamed construct autocompletion in Snippets

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Mon Nov 12 09:28:30 UTC 2007

Hi,

finally I renamed the construct auto completion feature in Snippets as
discussed in [1] in SVN r2044.

Beside other changes in strings and the documentation, please be aware
that the configuration file for snippets is now called "snippets.conf"
and "autocomplete.conf" is not longer used. For copatibility reasons,
Geany will load a file autocomplete.conf from user's configuration
directory if snippets.conf can't be found. But it is better to rename
your autocomplete.conf to snippets.conf because we probably will remove
the compatibility check in the future.

Furthermore, the spelling of two configuration options has changed and
so you have to set them again if you don't use the default value(i.e.
the previous value of the options won't be recognized by Geany because
the option name changed). The options are:
Snippet completion (name in config: complete_snippets)
Old names:
Construct autocompletion (name in config: auto_complete_constructs)

Rows of symbol completion list (name in
config: symbolcompletion_max_height)
Old names:
Rows of autocompletionlist (name in config: autocompletion_max_height)

I hope this isn't too confusing but at least for new users the feature
should be clearer now.

[1] http://lists.uvena.de/pipermail/geany/2007-October/002005.html