[Geany] None-type colours - bug or feature? + split page?

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Fri Mar 9 17:02:59 UTC 2007

On 03/09/2007 03:55:44 PM, Enrico Tröger wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Mar 2007 10:38:18 -0500, "John Gabriele" <jmg3000 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > On 3/9/07, Mikhail Savitsky <mikhail.savitsky at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > 2. Any plans for splitting page?
> >
> > Oooh. Another feature that would be handy. I got used to
> split-window
> > in Emacs (and jEdit too) and now I'm a bit spoiled. :)
> I really don't like it. Yesterday, Tim Tassonis mentioned "We don't
> want another emacs, do we?" ;-).
>
> Well, I'm not completely against the split-window feature but I don't
> see a reasonably way to implement it beside the current way of tab
> positioning(read: the notebook tabs).
I've thought about this before, but not investigated it in detail. I
think the feature would be very useful, and there may be a way of
implementing it so it doesn't complicate the interface too much.

Scintilla has support for multiple views of a document, so perhaps
there could be an optional pane next to the notebook window, with
something like a right click menu to select which document to view in
the extra pane.

But this is still just an idea, I'm not certain about it, and for me
there are other things that take priority.

Regards,
Nick