[Geany] tuning Geany key combos

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Wed Jun 27 19:13:02 UTC 2007

On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 13:21:02 -0500, "Jeff Pohlmeyer"
<yetanothergeek at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello friends, interesting discussion you are having here...
>
> This might be slightly off topic, but here are a couple of things
> I would like to see:
>
> 1)
> The ability to "force" a tab character, even when using spaces to
> indent:
>
> Most of the C code I work with uses spaces for indentation, but what
> if I have a bunch of C files open and then I want to tweak the
> Makefile a bit? I have to go into preferences, enable "use tabs" ,
> insert the tab char, and then go back into preferences and turn tabs
> off again. I would prefer that Ctrl+I and Ctrl+Shift+I could be used
> for normal indentation, and that the tab key would *always* insert a
> tab char, regardless of the preferences.
Yes, we need a solution for this. The easiest way would be to always
indent by tab in Makefiles. But it won't help if you are editing any
other file and currently need a "real" tab. Any ideas on best way to
solve?

> 2)
> Completely disable editor hot keys when the editor doesn't have the
> focus:
>
> For instance, what do most users expect if they press Ctrl+Z in the
> scribble window? I would expect it to either perform an undo on the
> scribble text, or at least have nothing happen at all. Instead, geany
> performs the undo in the main editor window, even though it doesn't
> have the focus, which seems like a real good chance to screw up a
> document without even realizing it.
It is nothing else than a bug :-(. Will be fixed soon.