[Geany] colorscheme utility

John Gabriele jmg3000 at xxxxx
Tue Jul 24 22:26:25 UTC 2007

On 7/24/07, John Gabriele <jmg3000 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/24/07, Dominic Hopf (dmaphy) <dmaphy_damastasif at gmx.net> wrote:
> >

> You could change the ``'_identifier_'   :
> colors['foo']['some_color'],`` lines (replacing <some_color> with your
> own choice) to assign a different color.
>
> Eventually, this utility might provide a way to easily (with the GUI)
> create your own custom colorschemes. Currently it doesn't.

Ok. I just updated set_geany_colors.py. Now you can write your own
external colorscheme files and the program will read them when it
starts up. Upon startup, if the colorschemes directory
(``~/.geany/colorschemes``) is not there, you're asked if you'd like
to create it , and if creating it, also given an example colorscheme
to get started with. :)

Creating the colorschemes still involves manually using Geany's color
chooser, but it's getting easier now.

---John