[Geany] Lua plugin

Jeff Pohlmeyer yetanothergeek at xxxxx
Mon Jul 23 17:46:28 UTC 2007

I have written a very basic Lua scripting plugin for Geany.

So far, it is only able to do a few simple things:

1) Create a Tools menu showing a list of scripts
   from the user's config folder, e.g. ~/.geany/lua/.

2) Retrieve and/or modify the current document's text
   and/or selection.

In order to achieve this, I needed to expose a few more
functions to the plugin API:

document_get_current()
sci_get_text()
sci_get_length()
sci_replace_sel()
sci_get_selected_text()
sci_get_selected_text_length()
utils_get_file_list()

So before I go any further, some questions:

Will it be OK to expose this stuff?
Any ideas for other "must have" script functions?

The attached patch adds the functions mentioned above, I hope
post the code for the plugin soon, but I still have a bit of
clean up to do and maybe write some simple docs for using it.
Also note that since the patch is only preliminary/tenative,
it doesn't bump the API/ABI version numbers like it should.

 - Jeff