[Geany] Lua plugin

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Tue Jul 24 12:00:21 UTC 2007

On 07/23/2007 06:46:28 PM, Jeff Pohlmeyer wrote:
> I have written a very basic Lua scripting plugin for Geany.
>
> So far, it is only able to do a few simple things:
>
> 1) Create a Tools menu showing a list of scripts
>   from the user's config folder, e.g. ~/.geany/lua/.
>
> 2) Retrieve and/or modify the current document's text
>   and/or selection.

Sounds great!

> In order to achieve this, I needed to expose a few more
> functions to the plugin API:
>
> document_get_current()
> sci_get_text()
> sci_get_length()
> sci_replace_sel()
> sci_get_selected_text()
> sci_get_selected_text_length()
> utils_get_file_list()
>

> So before I go any further, some questions:
>
> Will it be OK to expose this stuff?

Yes, thanks for the patch. Committed in SVN.

> Any ideas for other "must have" script functions?

I'm not sure, I haven't really used scripting in other editors. With
the plugin API I'm just adding common functions as needed or as
requested.

> The attached patch adds the functions mentioned above, I hope
> post the code for the plugin soon, but I still have a bit of
> clean up to do and maybe write some simple docs for using it.

If you have any questions/requests for improving the plugin system,
just ask.

> Also note that since the patch is only preliminary/tenative,
> it doesn't bump the API/ABI version numbers like it should.

API version is now 6.

Regards,
Nick