[Geany] Adding New Languages/Filetypes

P.J.G. Long pjgl2 at xxxxx
Wed Jan 31 17:18:52 UTC 2007

  Dear All,
       I have just seen the latest Geany, having last seen it about a year
ago, and am interested in possibly using it as a standard editior/ide on a
bootable cd/dvd system we are developing for students. The ideal is to have
a simple GUI which they only have to learn once but can cope with the
multiple languages they encounter. Currently we use Emacs + others, but
would like a more IDE looking GUI. Geany looks as though it has the
workings but I have been trying to add other languages/templates etc. Do I
understand that this is impossible by just adding them to the .conf, and
adding filetypes.XXX files, e.g. they are not automatically picked up? or
am I missing something?

   Many Thanks for any help, the package looks really nice

    regards

     Peter